Thursday, March 12, 2009

Not a Baby Anymore


Cyrus turns one next week! I can't believe how fast it's gone. It seems like it wasn't that long ago that we were spending Easter in the hospital with a brand new baby. But then I look at the latest pictures we've taken of him, and it's amazing how much older he looks. He's getting so big. He walks everywhere now within the last few days, and chatters like crazy. He is definitely not going to be a quiet, shy little boy. He can copy nearly every one syllable word there is, although he hasn't ventured on to more than that. :) He loves to play peek-a-boo (which consists of turning his head away from you, then back really fast. I guess if he can't see you... ) and hide the bop. He opens the sock drawer (yes he's still obsessed with socks) and hides his bop in there until you ask him where it is. Then he opens the drawer and grabs it out like he's the smartest little boy ever. Probably because thats what I tell him every time. :) He's growing up so fast. It was hard to choose, but here are a few of my favorite pics through the year...
Brand new baby Cyrus.
Cyrus in his blessing tux I made, which he looked absolutely adorable in. People still talk about it. :)
3 months old and a spit up machine. Thank goodness that's over.
6 months old at the zoo.
9 months old playing in the snow.

10 months old playing potato heads with daddy.

5 comments:

Lauren said...

Oh my gosh! My has the year flown by. He is such a handsome little fellow. I can't believe how big he's got. I remember when we would look at your ultrasound video and work and what an amazing miracle he is. :) You've been a great mom and you're family is so cute. I hope to see him soon to see if just turning one changes his persona at all. I know when Kayli turned one you could tell she was a little big bigger and different. Keep us posted! I love to see your updates. :)

the ginabean said...

He is really really ridiculously cute! REALLY. Looks like you have a lot of fun with this little guy! I hope his birthday is awesome!

Did you know that Vance and Abby are expecting a little girl in August? Can't wait for another Orgill Baby to come to earth!!!

Chris said...

Tot get a sense of how bad of a friend I am I still haven't come to visit him... In my defense I have lived far away for the last seven months.

Trav kris and conley said...

he is so stinkin cute! i cant believe hes a year old though! wow time flies!

Mitch and Holly said...

What a cutie. Time really flies by. I was glad you commented on my blog, so that I could find you and see what you and Travis were up to. Once again Cyrus is adorable.