Oh my poor car! The first car I ever bought for myself was totalled. I was so sad, it's funny that you can become so attached to an inanimate object! Almost 2 weeks ago, Cyrus and I were visiting a friend just down the street from our house, and as we started to go through the green light, a blue honda T-boned us. Even though we were only going about 15 mph she was going close to 50, so it was a pretty hard hit. We spun around a bit and hit the curb where we stopped. I remember the diaper bag contents and groceries flew everywhere, Cyrus was screaming, and I was trying to get out of the car so I could get to him. Luckily she hit the front of the car, so neither Cyrus or I were seriously hurt. 911 was called, and Nicole came running over with a phone, and to take care of Cyrus. I was so thankful she was there for us. It was the first accident I've really been in, and I was amazed at how I handled it. When the car stopped, I did have enough sense to immediately turn off the car, but when I couldn't get it into park it took me a minute to think about pulling the Ebreak so I could take my foot of the break and get to Cyrus. The lady who smashed into us apologized after explaining that she didn't know if it was her fault or not becasuse she had been thinking about going to take her pee test and getting some lunch. She didn't even see the red light, or us. It sounds like she's a bit flakey and not necessarily fit for driving.
After about an hour, we cleaned out the car and it was towed away. My first car. Sad.
I was mostly thankful that we were in the car and not walking. Just a couple of days ago a boy we know was hit there on his bike, and even though he was ok, it made me realize once again that things could have definitely been worse. We did have someone watching over us. A couple more feet or mph and she would have hit me, not just the car. In primary we've been singing "If the Savior stood beside us", and the last verse says "He is always near us, though we do not see him there. And because he loves us dearly we are in his watchful care." I always liked that song, but never paid as much attention to the words as I did to how well the kids were singing and behaving. Now every time they sing it, I sit back and listen, and tear up as I remember that He does love ALL of us and he does watch over us. I'm so thankful for that, I don't know what I would do without my babies. (I have to include Travis when I say babies!)
I also found out another friend was in an accident that same weekend while taking dinner to a relative. I'll just say I'm also grateful we didn't end up covered in spaghetti sauce. :)
That night we took Cyrus and went camping just outside of Brigham at Dock Flatts. We had a really good time, and even though it was pretty cold that night, Cyrus slept pretty well. It was the first time we'd been able to go this year, and it really got us excited for camping next year. In the morning Travis got up and went fishing, and Cyrus and I went to the Peach Days parade. He didn't love all the noise at first, but after he got used to it I think he really enjoyed it. My entire extended family was there, and everyone just loved him. We always have a really good time at Peach Days.

After about an hour, we cleaned out the car and it was towed away. My first car. Sad.
I was mostly thankful that we were in the car and not walking. Just a couple of days ago a boy we know was hit there on his bike, and even though he was ok, it made me realize once again that things could have definitely been worse. We did have someone watching over us. A couple more feet or mph and she would have hit me, not just the car. In primary we've been singing "If the Savior stood beside us", and the last verse says "He is always near us, though we do not see him there. And because he loves us dearly we are in his watchful care." I always liked that song, but never paid as much attention to the words as I did to how well the kids were singing and behaving. Now every time they sing it, I sit back and listen, and tear up as I remember that He does love ALL of us and he does watch over us. I'm so thankful for that, I don't know what I would do without my babies. (I have to include Travis when I say babies!)
I also found out another friend was in an accident that same weekend while taking dinner to a relative. I'll just say I'm also grateful we didn't end up covered in spaghetti sauce. :)
That night we took Cyrus and went camping just outside of Brigham at Dock Flatts. We had a really good time, and even though it was pretty cold that night, Cyrus slept pretty well. It was the first time we'd been able to go this year, and it really got us excited for camping next year. In the morning Travis got up and went fishing, and Cyrus and I went to the Peach Days parade. He didn't love all the noise at first, but after he got used to it I think he really enjoyed it. My entire extended family was there, and everyone just loved him. We always have a really good time at Peach Days.

4 comments:
I am glad to hear that you and Cyrus are ok! I've been involved in two pretty bad accidents both caused by morons! They should be paying a lot more in insurance and us good drivers next to nothing. Once again I am glad that you're ok.
OH MY! I am so glad you both are okay! That is so scary! I was laughing about the car because my wish in life is to drive a different car every day. I love new cars, so I never get too attached! You sound like Marcia!!!
Tara, YIKES! Your car accident was a thousand times worse than ours. You are such a sweetie. I am glad you and your cute little boy are ok. I bet Travis was freaking out when you called him.
That's super scary! So glad you both were fine and not hurt!
Post a Comment