
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Cancer Walk
This was our third year being involved in the Cancer Walk in Brigham City. Jolene is part of the team for the hospital, and we just go tag along and walk with her when its her turn. Things were a little more laid back this year, so we had more time to just hang out. Bryker and Cyrus were definitely the hit of the party, everyone Jolene knew (which is a lot of people!) got to be introduced to her two cute grandsons. Her friend Jill from the hospital was there too with her 3 cute girls, and those are the girls in the pictures. They just love the boys. We weren't able to stay all night, Cyrus got grumpy and was ready to go home and go to bed at about 12:30, but we were there long enough to have some dinner and fun. The ceremony was really nice, and every year before they light the bags, we do a little switching around so Brad and Jolene can be next to each other when they're lit. Jolene made sure to put pictures of "beep beep" on there for Bryker. He was very excited when we showed him they were there. We also bought some glow sticks for the kids. They loved them, and it was perfect for us so we could keep track of where they were. All except Cyrus, this year he was pretty easy to keep track of. I'm sure next year will be different. It's nice to be able to do something for cancer since it's been such a big thing in Travis' family. I hope the money raised will be enough to help other people who have to go through it as well. Here are some of the pictures from the evening.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







4 comments:
Hey Tara! Cyrus is so cute!! does he have any hair? I couldn't see any in the photos...
Linda
Tara your blog is looking really good. It's really cute. The cancer walk looks really fun. I miss you at work :) We need to do something together at work. Keep blogging I love to see pictures of CUTE baby Cyrus!
He does have hair, but its so blonde you can't see it in pictures. Sad but it is getting thicker. :)
Wow...it sure has been a LONG time! I don't even remember the last time I saw you, but I know it's been a while because I had no idea you had a BABY! Cyrus sure is a cutie!!! So glad for you! -And I saw a pic and read that Amy's due soon...that's awesome! When is she due, and what is she having?
Hooray that we can keep in touch once again!
Post a Comment