Wednesday, July 23, 2008

4 Months Old!

Well, Cyrus is officially 4 months old. He's growing up so fast I feel like I can't keep up with him. He learned to roll over a few weeks ago (I'll try to upload the video) and I think he learns something new every day. I try to work on teaching him something new during the week so he can show off to our families when we go visit on the weekends. Its fun, nothing real major. Last week he learned how to hold his bottle by himself (that will be a sad day when he feeds himself completely. I love taking that time out of the day to hold him and feed him!) and he can put his bop back in his mouth now, which is awesome. He was always really good at taking it out. :)

He had his 4 month doctors appointment last Wednesday and is doing very well. He was 13 pounds 3 oz and almost 25 inches long. Everything was perfect and right at average according to Dr. Allred's charts, and he was just on the high average on height. He also said he is above average on everything else. He can roll over both ways, and is awesome with his motor skills. Dr. Allred said if he wasn't so small he'd think he was 6 months old not 4. He communicates and comprehends like a 6 month old. I was a proud mom. That puts him right on target to be the star athlete the doc is convinced he's going to be. He's guessing the star pitcher or quarterback...personally I'd rather see him with a baseball aimed at his head than being tackled. :)

Then came the sad part... the shots. Luckily this time he has chunked out, so with the help of fatter legs and dosing him up before (thanks Miranda and Spencer for the advice!) he only cried for a minute then went to sleep, which seems to be his way of dealing with tragedy. If only that worked for all of us!

1 comment:

kmonk said...

Hi Tara! I am so glad you checked in on us! your page is so darling! Where did you get the background? I love your hair too! But I really love that baby! What a sweet little guy. I never get my picture on the blog because I am always taking the picture! HA HA! I hadn't even noticed that. I will try to make and appearance! Keep in touch! I was so happy to hear from you.